1. Smiling faces I can see / But not for me
2. Her good looks could've sailed a ship / But her will alone could've sunk it
3. When words mean nothing, I'll be here singing
4. Spread the facts on the floor like a fan / Throw away the ones that make you feel bad
7. Like a pillar of cloud, the smoke lingers high in the air / In fascination, with the eyes of the world, we stare
8. You saw me and you shut the door / And it only made me love you more
10. Took my sweet time when I was bitter
11. I know the difference between wrong and right / Don't make no difference in the middle of the night
13. I go to church on a Sunday / The vows that I make / I break them on Monday
14. A corner of your lips / Is the orbit of your hips
15. I stepped out of Mississippi when I was ten years old / With a suit cut sharp as a razor, and a heart made of gold
16. We may not know how or when / But don't you wanna know why?
18. Would your eyes, like midnight fireflies / Light up the trenches where my heart lies?
19. We got to close our eyes / Cut up our losses into doable doses / Ration our tears and sighs